This is the perfect time to start an online business.
No kidding, it really is.
I stumbled on one of the best online training sites on the Internet.
And it’s called Wealthy Affiliate.
Right now, I’m a member of this wonderful community.
And I can attest to the tremendous value that this platform provides.
To learn more about WA, keep reading.
Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Founders: Kyle & Carson
Price: Free (Starter Account); $19 for 1st month, then $49 in the succeeding months; $234 per 6 months; $359 per year; $15/year for domains
Verdict: Highly Recommended
What Wealthy Affiliate Has In Store For You
From this point on, I’ll be walking you through the benefits and features that Wealthy Affiliate has for you. I’ve provided visuals so that you can get a glimpse of how it looks inside.
The Training is Broken Down into 4 Simple Steps
The very first person who will welcome you inside is Kyle, the founder of Wealthy Affiliate. He is present in every video inside the training and you will get to know more about him as you progress through the course. Regardless of what niche you specialize or plan to enter, there are basically four steps to creating a successful online business.
1) Choose an Interest – You can focus on any niche you want, for as long as you’re willing to dedicate your time and be passionate about it. If you have an expertise on something or you’re just simply better than most people when it comes to a given field (say trading stocks or how to lose weight), then the only thing that is required of you is that you’re willing to impart your knowledge by having your very own website.
2) Build a Website – Do not worry about the technical stuff. WA handles it for you through their website hosting platform SiteRubix. Inside SiteRubix lies WordPress, which is a very powerful website maker that contains a lot of awesome and diverse themes which you can choose from. In principle, your website serves as the foundation of your business from which you can make money.
3) Attract Visitors – Once your website is in place, the next thing to do is to attract visitors to your website to increase your authority. This is done by providing value to your target audience in the form of high quality content either through a blog post or a video. Kyle always reminds us that we are in the “business of helping people”, that building authority should be our number one priority above all.
4) Earn Revenue – There are hundreds of ways to monetize your website once it starts rolling and gains popularity. Examples of methods include affiliate products, online advertising like Google AdSense, self-made products like Kindle Books, consulting, and so much more. Inside Wealthy Affiliate, there are lots of training covering these four aspects of online business. Mastering these steps is more than enough to make you successful.
Two Full Courses Covering All the Basics
The first course is Online Entrepreneur Certification, a training with 5 levels having 10 lessons each (50 lessons total). This course is dedicated to teaching the fundamentals of running an online business. Regardless of your niche, this course should be your first priority once inside Wealthy Affiliate.
The second course is WA Affiliate Bootcamp, which has 7 levels containing 10 lessons each (70 lessons total). The lessons here contain all you need to know to promote Wealthy Affiliate to other people. When I took the course, I realized that some of the topics were repeated while some topics were new. Don’t worry, I’ll show you later why you might want to learn this course.
Guided Learning through Tasks
After each lesson you take, Kyle will ask you to follow a handful of tasks related to the lesson you’ve just finished. By the way, you are not obligated to follow the list and check all the items, but it is crucial especially for total beginners. In order to understand how online businesses work, you need to follow the advice of the expert, and these tasks resemble Kyle mentoring you along the process.
Lots of Awesome Live Webinars (with Replay)
Wealthy Affiliate conducts live webinars in almost every aspect of online business, may it be SEO, Email Marketing, Facebook, etc. and is hosted by Jay Neill (aka magistudios). He’s the live training expert who is well-known by WA members because he’s always delivering high quality courses every week .
For those who can’t attend, he provides replays that can be watched anytime. It’s absolutely free with no upsells, but only Premium members can enjoy all his stuff.
The Technical Stuff is Already Handled for You
By stepping into the Wealthy Affiliate platform, you will be required to create your very own website. But don’t worry about the technical jargon for the mean time because WA will handle it all through its amazing platform called SiteRubix. In just 30 seconds, you can have a fresh and good-looking website. To be familiarized about what SiteRubix does, kindly look at the following seven components below.
1) Site Manager – used for accessing your websites and for monitoring site health
2) Site Builder – used for building your websites
3) Site Domains – used to find, register & manage your website domains
4) Site Content – used for writing content which comes with a progress tracker
5) Site Comments – used to get comments on your posts or pages
6) Site Feedback – used to get feedback on your websites
7) Site Support – used to get technical support for your websites
Not only that, WA added extra special features this 2017, which include the following:
1. Site Plus – contains extra tools to enhance your website’s performance
2. Site Speed – optimizes your SiteRubix websites for page speed
3. Site SSL – turns your website into an “https” instead of “http”
4. Site Protect – blocks all automated comment spam before it hits your site
Get Your Website Noticed using WA Keyword Tool
Another powerful feature that is provided for you is the WA Keyword Tool, which you can use for basic keyword research. Keywords play a very important role in your content and allow Google and other search engines to identify your website much better.
Don’t worry, Wealthy Affiliate also has lots of trainings on SEO and keyword research so you won’t get left behind. For more advanced research, I recommend using Jaaxy Enterprise, which is also owned by Kyle & Carson.
The Entire WA Community Supporting You
There are thousands of active members inside WA and all of them are very supportive people. They may vary in geographical location, age, gender, race, language, religion, etc., but they have one unified goal, which is to be successful in the online world.
When you step inside WA, you will meet lots of people welcoming you onboard and offering you help. So in order to get the maximum help, there are eleven tools that will allow you to tap into the power of the online community.
1. Live Chat – is the best place you can ask questions because in just a few minutes there will be an answer right away
2. Private Messaging – is where you can ask questions in a more detailed manner plus you can target the right person to ask from (I usually ask Kyle)
3. WA Personal Space – people tend to leave a message in your personal profile space (think of Friendster) with some wishing you the best and some offering their help to you
4. Discussions/Blogs – WA members have the freedom to write discussions or blogs in order to engage with fellow friends in the community, so if you love socializing, then you’ll absolutely love this
5. Classrooms – are specialized gathering places which are sorted out based on topics in the online business such as SEO, Email Marketing, , etc.
6. Member Trainings – members also have the ability to create personalized trainings on virtually any subject regarding online business, therefore, your education is not only limited to the courses provided
7. Search Tool – at the topmost part beside the logo of WA, there is a search box where you can type any subject you wish to get answered
8. Site Comments – this is a give-and-take comment tool inside SiteRubix, which allows your page or post to have comments in it
9. Site Feedback – this is also give-and-take, but instead asks for feedback regarding your website so that you can improve on the user experience of your site
10. WA’s Top 200 – the people who rank in the top 200 in Wealthy Affiliate are the 200 most helpful people in the community
11. Followers – you get a chance to follow people in pretty much the same way as you would follow a person on Twitter and Pinterest
Kyle the Founder is Also Active
It’s not likely that you can join a training program in which you can get to talk to the founders. However in Wealthy Affiliate, we have some of the most active and helpful people in the name of Kyle & Carson. You can talk to them because they’re more down to Earth than most CEO’s you would ever encounter. I personally ask Kyle in the private message as well as in Live Chat (refer to the image).
Lots of Success Stories (Including Mine)
WA continues to produce success stories and transform ordinary people’s lives. Of course the results will vary, but it simply proves that Wealthy Affiliate teaches the right principles in running an online business. Take a look at these big-time earners (in different niches) and see for yourself:
UPDATE: So far, I made some nice affiliate commissions as well. Have a look at the screenshot below:
All the knowledge and confidence I’ve acquired in my 2 years of affiliate marketing will allow me to scale it into a full-time income! Thanks to the training I got from Wealthy Affiliate.
How Affordable is the Program? Pricing Explained
So for all this value, what will Wealthy Affiliate cost you?
Joining this program as a Starter is FREE. (except for a handful of countries, see below)
You get to experience the wonderful benefits of Wealthy Affiliate to see for yourself whether the program is good or not.
If you decide that the platform is great and you’re ready to upgrade, then you can go for a Premium membership.
If you continue, you’ll be given three choices on the type of membership for your account: Premium Monthly, Premium Semi-Annually, or Premium Yearly.
All these plans are Premium, meaning you’ll receive the full package of Wealthy Affiliate whichever you choose.
For Premium Monthly, the cost is $49 per month.
For Premium Semi-Annually, the cost is $234 per 6 months.
For Premium Yearly, the cost is $359 per year.
But you might be asking, “Are there any upsells inside?”
The good news is, there are no upsells, unlike other programs who still charge you of coaching, mastermind membership, and other unnecessary stuff.
The only thing that you will pay extra is your own domain, which costs around $15 per year.
And the not-so popular WA credits, which is completely optional.
This makes Wealthy Affiliate one of the cheapest online programs out there to get started with!
Wealthy Affiliate Cons: Things I Don’t Like With The Platform
At first glance, I thought Wealthy Affiliate is all heaven.
All things great can be found in this one powerful platform.
But this couldn’t be more wrong.
Like any other program, I also discovered some negatives with Wealthy Affiliate:
1. Starter Membership Not Available In 8 Countries
When I first started WA, I found it inconvenient that the Starter membership is not available in my country.
I later discovered that I’m not alone.
All in all, there are 8 unfortunate countries that cannot get the free Starter membership:
Please don’t hesitate to update me if I missed a country.
But as it turns out, the only way to get into the platform for people living in this country, is to pay the Premium membership right away.
This will instantly unlock all the amazing features of the platform.
But yeah, if you live in these countries and you’re on a tight budget, then think carefully about making the move.
2. No Refund For Premium Monthly and Semi-Annually
And unfortunately that’s the bad news.
If you go on a monthly or semi-annual subscription at Wealthy Affiliate, you won’t be getting a refund for your payment.
The only plan that issues a refund is the annual subscription, which is attainable within 30 days.
The only option you’ll have once you’ve paid, is to cancel your membership.
Once cancelled, your account will be deactivated by the end of your last payment term.
Until then, you can still use WA’s full features to enjoy the last moments of your stay.
3. Place Is Initially Overwhelming
When I first stepped onto the platform, the first thing I noticed is the difficulty of moving around the website.
There are so many things to do inside, and it got me overwhelmed!
Like what should I do first? Build a website? Research keywords? Attend the training? Which training will I attend to?
Talk to fellow WA members? Introduce myself in the Live Chat? Read their “Facebook News Feed”-style dashboard?
Thing is, if you’re not careful, you can literally waste hours of your time by just navigating the WA platform itself!
4. Doesn’t Emphasize Much on Email Marketing
Email marketing is the biggest money-maker for online marketers.
If you treat each marketing medium like a building and you place them side-by-side, email marketing would be a ‘skyscraper’ that trumps over every other building!
Ever since I finished the WA courses, I never got a clue about email marketing and building an email list.
I had to buy other digital courses to learn the nuts and bolts of the subject.
Fortunately, you might be able to learn some basics by attending Jay’s replay webinars on email marketing.
But if you’re in dire need of results, then you might not find WA’s training convenient.
But No Worries, WA is Still Growing
Wealthy Affiliate started in 2005, therefore it has been running for more than a decade already.
The main reason for this tremendous success is the company’s ability to adapt to the environment.
It is constantly evolving and innovating each and every year to make it better.
The founders are never satisfied and do not stop until they bring out the best in WA.
Kyle, Carson, Jay, and some of the Super Affiliates talk about improving the Wealthy Affiliate platform in the annual Super Affiliate Conference.
This mastermind group literally talks it over on the table and brings something to the plate.
At the end of the day though, such information remains confidential.
Regular Wealthy Affiliate members (like myself) never know what they’re talking about!
Overall, It’s My #1 Recommendation
This wraps up my very detailed Wealthy Affiliate review.
The best thing I love about Wealthy Affiliate is its overall simplicity with the value it provides.
Starting a business online is not a joke and if you’re not tough enough, you won’t survive.
The training focuses on the basics and the most important things first because Kyle doesn’t want you to get lost in the details.
As a Premium Member, I’ve truly witnessed the value of this company when it comes to taking care of its members.
It’s definitely worth the investment and I would recommend the training to anyone who wants to start a business online.
This is why I think Wealthy Affiliate is the best online business training that will finally help achieve your financial dreams.
What do you think of Wealthy Affiliate? Would you like give it a try, or do you have some concerns that I haven’t addressed in this review? Feel free to leave your comments and questions below so that I’ll be able to help.