What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear about affiliate programs, is it Amazon, ClickBank, CJ, or ShareASale? Great.
But you know what, allow me to expand that thinking a bit as I share with you this blog post to find even more opportunities to make money with your site. Once you learn the techniques, you will have more options for products to promote and hence, more commissions and a loftier paycheck.
Find Your Ideal Affiliate Program by using These Techniques
Your niche always has a corresponding affiliate program that you can tap into for promoting products and is based upon the user’s needs. Once you find one, remember to do your research well so that you don’t waste your precious time and money in a program that doesn’t work. Here’s a list of techniques to get started.
1. Your Favorite Well-Known Brands
Personally, this is my favourite option to go to because famous brands already have a nice track record of success. You don’t need to worry whether the program will pay or not because they are brands that millions of people already trust.
You can go to the website of offline brands such as Lego, Starbucks, & Apple, or online brands like AWeber, HostGator, & StudioPress to inquire about their affiliate programs. Know what it will take to become their partner and make sure to comply with the rules and regulations. Note that some of them might require approval to get in, but others you can get in easily.
2. Other Website’s Affiliate Products
This technique involves spying on authoritative sites and well-established blogs to find the products they are promoting themselves. Most likely, the people behind the sites are already making a fortune out of the products or services they are promoting. Therefore, you can assure that the affiliate programs behind them are paying.
One piece of advice I want to give is to try the affiliate product itself. You’re in a better shape of promoting and recommending the product once you experience the real thing. You can easily offer your unique point of view without having to worry with too much research on the product.
3. Ask in authoritative Q & A sites
Go to query sites such as Quora, Yahoo Answers, WikiAnswers and other niche forums and ask the question: Which [niche] affiliate program is the best? After a while, you will see people commenting with their personal suggestions and insights.
Just be careful when taking advice, though. Make sure that the person giving the answer has a credible source or a good track record by looking at his or her credentials before believing the person. Don’t just take advice from anybody, you have to do your due diligence to make sure that you won’t regret it at a later time.
4. Look in Affiliate Directories
There are other affiliate networks that advertise companies with affiliate products in it. Examples of what I’ve found are Associate Programs, Affiliate Fix, and High Paying Affiliate Programs. Again, be careful of the companies listed there by doing your homework and researching the site first before you commit. It’s better to stay 120% safe than to suffer in the end.
5. Do this Search: [niche] + “affiliate program”
And of course, there are the search engines: Google, YouTube, Yahoo!, and Bing. They’re your best buddies when it comes to search and they’ll be your go-to site for discovering affiliate programs. To find them, just type the following keywords:
- [niche] + “affiliate program”
- [niche] + “affiliates”
- [niche] + “become an affiliate”
You will discover a lot of opportunities here and they’re all exciting to take. But again, do the research first and read their rules and guidelines carefully to not regret in the end. Take note that some of them are “independent”, meaning they are outside the well-known affiliate networks such as ClickBank and Amazon, so read more about them.
6. Use Jaaxy for Identifying Affiliate Programs
Jaaxy is mainly a keyword research tool used for doing SEO in your website, but is also capable of finding affiliate programs. They are gathering the data from the following networks: Commission Junction, Link Share, Digital River, and Click Bank so that you don’t have to do it manually.
The results contain some useful metrics such as commissions and Alexa rank that you can use during your research. You can also go to the website to learn more about the companies.
7. Just Use the Traditional Networks: ClickBank, CJ, Amazon, etc.
In the end, if you don’t like my suggestions, you can always head back to the sites you know and love well. The following list of established affiliate networks are known to have a great track record of producing successful affiliates:
- Amazon Associates
- CJ (Commission Junction)
- Rakuten (formerly LinkShare)
- Digital River
- Flex Offers
- and so on…
If I missed something, please don’t hesitate to suggest some more in the comments below.
BONUS! A Brief Affiliate Marketing Training
I know you’re excited to grab an affiliate program and start promoting right now. But if you’re relatively new to affiliate marketing, then this section might help you out. So please keep reading to learn more.
What we’ll be covering is some of the basics of becoming successful in affiliate marketing and it shouldn’t become more complicated than this. There are only five steps to follow in building a profitable affiliate business:
1. Choose Your Niche – The first thing to do is to choose a niche that you will commit to and are willing to become an expert at. A niche is simply a group of people that is interested in a specific need. When choosing a niche, I recommend pursuing one that you’re really passionate about in order to succeed in the long-term.
2. Have a Website on Your Own Domain – A website serves as your foundation for your online business and is necessary to build authority on the Internet. Without it, you’ll have a hard time acquiring followers and paying customers.
To make one, I recommend using SiteRubix because it’s a site builder that will take care of the technical stuff so you can concentrate on the important thing: Creating content.
3. Produce Unique & High Quality Content – Your website is useless if it doesn’t have lots of original and highly engaging content. Remember, you’re in the business of helping people, and the purpose of your content is to solve your reader’s problems.
The good thing about content creation is that you don’t need to be a journalist to write well. You just need to be able to write consistently, and from that you can improve your work with every blog post you produce.
4. Build a Nice Stream of Traffic – In order to make money, you need traffic, period. The reason why you earn is because of the people buying from you as a result of engaging them through your content. That’s why it’s important to learn how to acquire these people either through search engines, video, social media or through email. The bigger the traffic, the greater your earning potential.
5. Earn Revenue – If you’ve done the previous four steps well, then step 5, making money, shouldn’t be hard at all. There are many ways to monetize your blog such as Google AdSense, sponsored ads, information products, and of course, affiliate products. You already know how to search for them, so it shouldn’t be hard at all.
The affiliate marketing industry has grown to 3.4 billion dollars in 2016 and is only projected to rise in the upcoming years. That’s why in my opinion, it’s the best way to make money with your website.
Learn How to Become a Successful Affiliate Now!
Thanks again folks for stopping by to read my blog post. I hope you understand now how to find affiliate programs and I hope this training will help you glide easily through the process.
I would like to leave you a note on something important. Make sure your chosen affiliate program pays on time and is not a scam. That’s why I’m constantly reminding you to slow down and study the overall company and its products/services first before you apply.
One huge factor that will determine your success is how dedicated you are to becoming successful despite all the odds. I promise you, affiliate marketing won’t be an easy road to take in making a living. But if you’re willing to take the path and become really successful, it starts with the five fundamental steps I’ve mentioned a while ago.
Do you want to jumpstart your affiliate marketing career and learn more about the 5-step process? If yes, I suggest you try my #1 recommendation, Wealthy Affiliate. This platform provides training and support in every step of the way in order to become truly successful in the online world.
Where do you find legitimate affiliate programs that are awesome which pay nicely and on time? How do you know if it’s legit or not? Come share your experiences and techniques by leaving a comment below.