Name: Platinum Resell Rights
Founder: Aaron Danker
Overall Rating: 50/100
Price: $197 one-time
Upsells: $297 one-time
Businesses need products in order to make a profit. The problem is, most beginners online don’t have a product of their own to sell. So they turn into other people’s products via affiliate marketing, or find digital products to sell by purchasing resell rights.
Today, we’re going to talk about a membership site called Platinum Resell Rights, which provides the license to sell digital products as well as tools to market that business. You’ll learn what it’s all about in this article and see whether it’s the right business model for you.
The Nature of Reselling Digital Products
One of the ways a person can make money online is by selling digital products like ebooks or videos. Compared to traditional physical products, info products require little to no expense when setting up. That’s why a lot of people can make a living out of just selling their expertise to customers.
There’s a catch. Ebooks and other digital content are hard to create, especially if you’re someone who doesn’t have a marketable skill to showcase. As much as you’d want to start a business, you can’t because you don’t have a product to sell.
Now, a lack of product is not an excuse for making money. There are alternatives that you can take such as affiliate marketing, blog advertising like Google AdSense, and the one that we’re going to talk about: buying resell rights.
When someone makes a digital product like an ebook, there are two options for him. One is to sell the product by himself, or two, sell the “license” to others who plan to modify or resell that product to other people.
Depending on the original creator, he can declare anything he wants with his product by stating the rights of the license to its buyer.
If you’re allowed to resell the product and license to others, it’s called Master Resale Rights. But if you’re allowed to modify and resell the new product, that’s what is called Private Label Rights.
Platinum Resell Rights is a website that provides licenses to sell products, its content mainly about business and Internet marketing subjects. It normally serves people who can’t afford to create their own digital product and don’t know how to market that product online.
I hope you understand reselling rights now. If not, just research more on the subject by Googling it for a clearer explanation.
Platinum Resell Rights: The Good and The Bad
Now it’s time to introduce you to the system and see whether it’s worth joining or not. To start off, here are some of the good things I’ve seen in PRR:
1. Provides Lots of Products to Resell – there are a lot of products that Platinum Resell Rights has in its website. They look promising and presentable enough to be sold to ordinary people. Products that they provide are mostly business-related, especially on Internet marketing subjects.
2. Has Ready-Made Marketing Tools – PRR has some plug and play tools for the lazy people who don’t want to undergo the tedious process of Internet marketing. It provides websites, squeeze pages, sales copies, and email templates that have been proven to convert for sales.
For the bad stuff, here are some of the red flags this program has:
1. Unrealistic Claims of Earnings – Aaron claims that he can make $19,859.07 in 31 days using resell rights products. It’s not particularly wrong, but his statement reminds me of typical scam products that promise quick money in less time. So does it mean PRR is a scam? Well, let’s not be too hasty in saying that.
2. Products are Poor Quality – when you know content is being sold to you at a ridiculously low price, you would normally think that it’s low quality. By looking at the book cover, you’d intuitively feel that the content inside looks awful. And yes, PLR and MRR products are really bad especially those that are sold to the masses.
3. Low Quality Marketing Techniques – it’s unlikely that you’ll have enough customers coming into your website in just 31 days and be able to earn like how Aaron Danker does it. To get traffic fast, you’d have to resort to low quality tactics of promoting your business, which tends to attract low quality traffic.
4. Entry Price is Not a Joke – there was a time when Platinum Resell Rights cost only $1 to try for 7 days and then $27 per month afterwards for 2 years. But now I could not see that option in 2017. The current price is $197 one-time, good for 2 years, which is $451 less than the $27 per month recurring price. This makes it hard for some people to get into the program.
5. Testimonials’ Websites Are Gone – If you browse the homepage of PRR, you’ll notice a handful of testimonials from various people attesting to the product. But when I tried searching their websites one-by-one, I’ve noticed that most of them are already dead links. Hmm, what do you think does that mean?
Anyway, these are the pros and cons of joining Platinum Resell Rights, and I leave it up to you whether you should become a member or not.
But for me, I’ll never join this program because I’ve seen PLR and MRR websites that provide more value at a very low price. In fact, one site I came across gives out 1,000s of PLR articles, ebooks, videos and resell rights for only $1!
Receive More Content and Proper Guidance for FREE
To tell you the truth, I really don’t trust PLR content especially the quality it provides. Yes, they save you time in product creation, but that means you won’t be in control of the output and have to modify it yourself.
Another obvious reason has something to do with trust. There’s a saying: Trust is the currency online, and it really is.
If people are going to trust my business (and brand), should I serve them with PLR ebooks and articles to do that? Of course not! Such display of poor quality will tell my readers that I’m not serious in business and will therefore turn away from me.
Bottomline is, reselling rights might work for the short term, but it won’t do you good in the long term. You have to create something that people will really love in order to last for at least 5 years or so.
If you want real business training, I know of one that is unparalleled in the Internet marketing industry and has produced top notch affiliate marketers on the Web. It’s a site that I’m proud of recommending to anyone regardless of level of experience.
It’s called Wealthy Affiliate, founded in 2005 by Kyle & Carson. The wisdom of these two people is the reason why they stayed for more than 10 years in the industry and is continuing to grow with each year passing.
WA contains online training courses, live webinar, website builder, keyword research tool, personal mentoring, and an active, helpful community that is tailored for a complete beginner.
You can use the platform at your own pacing, which is what I love with the program. By the way, it’s free to get started with no credit card information required.
What do you think of Platinum Resell Rights? Is it possible to make money with a PLR/MRR business? Come share your answers in the comments below.