Name: MOBE/My Online Business Empire/My Own Business Education
Founder: Matt Lloyd
Overall Rating: 50/100 (Scam)
Price: $49 one-time
Upsells: $19.95 per month; $2,497 one-time + $99 per month; and many more
MOBE is a program that is also synonymous to My Online Business Empire and My Top Tier Business (or MTTB). All of them are owned by Matt Lloyd whose main office is located in Malaysia. So whichever way you got introduced, understand that it’s the same business model that you’re going to partake.
The company looks promising because of the tremendous value the website has. It has media-rich resources, informative articles, case studies, lucrative offers, live events and a product marketplace.
But here’s the important question: Is MOBE the gold mine you’ve been waiting for to make money online, or is it just a huge rip-off that ranks alongside other money-making scams? We’ll find out through this review.
The 21-Step System for Just $49… With a Catch
The $49 fee is the price you will actually pay for the My Top Tier Business (MTTB) program, which is normally the entry point to MOBE. Your coach tells you that it’s an application fee to find out whether you’re qualified for the 21 step program.
Once you get in, you will be required to watch the videos and be guided by a business coach. And upon reaching step 6, you have to ready your credit card as there will be an upsell: a lofty $2,497 payment for the MOBE License Rights!
Not only that, if you decide to take the rights and become a partner of My Online Business Empire, the upsell will not end there. As you will find out in the next part, there are dozens of products more that you need to buy before you start making money out of this scheme.
The Entire MOBE Product Selection: An Upsell Galore
That’s right. My Online Business Empire has still a lot of stuff to offer and it doesn’t just end with the right to promote MOBE. My friend, I introduce you to the full product list of the program:
1. Standard Affiliate Program – this costs $19.95 a month and is what you need to become an affiliate of My Online Business Empire. Unfortunately, the truth with affiliate programs is that they are always FREE whether you apply for Amazon, ClickBank or Shareasale. But when it comes to MLM schemes, they usually come with a price.
2. My Top Tier Business – this is the main entry point for beginners in this program which costs $49 for the application fee. As I mentioned, you will be guided by a business coach for free, the reason being he’s going to sell you on more expensive products.
3. MOBE License Rights (or MLR) – to be able to promote lucrative products from MOBE, you need to pay a lofty sum of $2,497 just to commit into the program. Here are some training tools included in the purchase:
- MOBE Licensee Kit
- My Online Business Empire
- Funded Proposal
- Affiliate Bonus
- OPT Formula
- And more
4. Other MOBE Products – these are other items you can buy so that you can promote them to others as well. The following products will give you 90% commission:
- The Vault – $99 per month
- MOBE Elite Earners – $97 per month
- Email Marketing Empire – $194
- The OPT Formula (Outsourcing) – $194
- Affiliate Bonus Domination – $291
- Funded Proposal – $194
- IM Revolution Handbook – $9.95
- MOBE Licensing Kit – $297
- Traffic Masters Academy – $297
- Instant Info Product – $39.95
The following products will earn you 50% commission per sale:
- $1997 – 10,000 Leads in 100 Days
- $997 – Online Income Revolution
- $997 – The 90 Day Challenge
- $997 – Six Figure Coaching Secrets
- $997 – Add the Nitrous
- And more
5. Titanium Membership – $9,997 one-time fee + $199 per month
6. Platinum Membership – $16,667 one-time fee + $299 per month
7. Diamond Membership – $29,997 one-time fee + $299 per month
Their Business Model: The Good Ol’ Pyramid Scheme
I know it’s crazy, right? $30,000 for a business training!? Who would have such a wallet that can pay an outrageous amount? I remember someone saying that he’d rather buy a house for down payment than afford the $29,997 membership which might not even work.
And it’s true. It’s not a worthwhile investment, and here’s why.
My Online Business Empire, at its fundamental form, is an MLM pyramid scheme which relies on new recruits for income. It is placed within the ranks of Empower Network and Pure Leverage when it comes to complex business models and compensation plans.
Haven’t you noticed that I only talked about promoting MOBE products, and not products outside the program? The trainings may look professionally created, but they are all geared in delivering one objective: to promote MOBE and nothing else.
I don’t know for you, but for me it’s a huge red flag to join programs that promote nothing but the company itself. The business model is simply unsustainable that it won’t last long, not to mention you’re competing with fellow MOBE members who have more experience than you.
That’s why I call MOBE/MTTB a:
Starting an Online Business is Not Expensive
Here’s the truth. You can have a running online business in just a fraction of the cost of MOBE membership. I’d say $500 a year is more than enough to fund one. You can actually get the costs down to as low as $70 a month especially if your funds are limited.
Another point I want to emphasize is that there are literally hundreds of ways to make money online. So you don’t have to be stuck with a single method like what pyramid schemes provide.
Moving on, so how do you build a truly legitimate and successful online business? There are only four fundamental steps:
1. Choose a Niche – What industry do you have an expertise at? What are the things that you’re interested or passionate about? Do you have a buying audience for your chosen niche? More importantly, is it a profitable one?
2. Build a Website – The foundation of an online business starts with a website. Between a free and a paid domain, I strongly recommend you choose the latter and host your own domain because it creates the brand for your business. This is where your readers and customers will go to interact and buy from you.
3. Grow Traffic – Traffic is the lifeblood of any website and online business. There are many ways you can acquire visitors, the best being organic traffic which come from search engines like Google. Other sources of traffic include social media, email, and paid traffic.
4. Earn Revenue – If you’ve built a loyal audience, one that admires you and your brand, then you can start monetizing your website through various ways. My favourite method is affiliate marketing because it pays nice commissions. Other ways to make money are selling products, running ads like Google AdSense, and consulting.
If you find this business model much simpler and more interesting to learn, head over to my #1 recommended training, Wealthy Affiliate. The link I’ve provided leads you to the full review of the program.
The price? Don’t bother, because you can create an account for FREE to see if it’s the right program for you. Give your credit card a break and try it out first.
I hope you learned something from my MOBE review. What are your experiences and thoughts about the scheme? I’ll be interested to know them, so hit me with a comment below and I’ll get back to it.