Name: AWOL Academy
Founders: Kameron George & Keala Kanae
Overall Rating: 50/100
Price: $99 one-time; $39.95 per month
Upsells: $297; $997; $997; $3497; $9997 one-time
Welcome to my review of AWOL Academy. By the way, AWOL has nothing to do with ditching your work (absence without leave). Kameron George & Keala Kanae define it as “Another Way of Life”, particularly referring to the Internet lifestyle.
I hope you proceed with caution before buying into this system because seriously, the products offered here cost a hefty price tag. By reading this review, you’ll know whether AWOL is worth spending your hard-earned dollars with.
More specifically, you will learn what AWOL is all about, the line of products it offers, and some facts you might not know about the company.
Sounds interesting enough? Cool, let’s get started!
What AWOL Academy is All About
It’s best to introduce AWOL Academy first so that we’re both on the same page. As I browse the professional-looking website (which I really commend), I discovered three key things that AWOL is providing:
1. Education – the products mainly focus on Internet marketing and the strategies of generating a nice income online
2. Community – is where you can get a higher form of education through the support of like-minded people and people greater than you
3. Affiliate Program – provides nice commissions for affiliate marketers who can get people into AWOL Academy and buy the products
So far so good, I’m impressed by the content I’m seeing. The usual hype of online scams don’t show up everywhere on the website.
They don’t promise that you can make $100+ overnight and likewise, they’re upfront with the amount of time and effort you need to become successful. In short, AWOL Academy looks like a genuine company to try. To find out, let’s move further.
Products and Pricing
Let us head over to the product line of AWOL Academy, which are mostly high-end products. As early as now, I won’t recommend you to sign-up for this program if you don’t have a fat wallet.
If you’re not willing to spend thousands of dollars on training materials and an exclusive mastermind group, I suggest taking a better program at a lower price.
Without further ado, let’s head over to the six product levels of AWOL Academy:
1. Pro Academy ($99) – this is the first product, which focuses on how to make money from affiliate marketing using paid traffic. It has 4 modules with 25 videos in total covering topics like landing pages, email autoresponder, and maximizing your profits.
2. Inbox Academy ($297) – is a highly specialized training on email marketing. It covers the fundamentals of sending emails, like how to improve email deliverability, open rates, and clickthroughs.
3. Conversion Academy ($997) – conversions are key to maximizing your sales, and this product delivers jam packed value on how to do just that. There are six modules, which can be summarized below:
- Module 1: Epic Story Telling
- Module 2: Mind Control Hacks
- Module 3: Live Sales Formula
- Module 4: Evergreen Sales Formula
- Module 5: High Ticket Sales
- Module 6: Affiliate Tracking
4. Traffic Academy ($997) – combined with the best conversion rate, a large pool of traffic will really jack up your online business. There are 5 modules each explaining individual traffic sources as follows:
- Module 1: FB Traffic Academy
- Module 2: YouTube Traffic Formula
- Module 3: Instagram Traffic Formula
- Module 4: Bing/Yahoo Traffic
- Module 5: CPA Traffic Formula
Unfortunately though, it doesn’t have training on how to rank for Google search. But that’s fine, I’m sure the sources mentioned here can work just as well.
5. Masters Academy ($3497) – from here on, you’ll be receiving exclusive techniques from the masters on certain things such as mindset training, wealth strategies and transformation from ‘solopreneur’ to CEO. There’s no need to buy this product if your only intention is to learn Internet marketing concepts.
6. AWOL Elite ($9997) – this is the most expensive product of AWOL Academy. When you buy this, you’ll gain access to all the previous tools combined. Plus, you’ll get a 2-hour weekly webinar and mentoring from the mastermind group.
In this way, you’ll be able to ask Kameron & Keala personally for feedback, which is the real value of the product.
AWOL Looks Like a Great Product, However…
With regards to products, I could say nothing further because you’ll get awesome value from it. However, there are certain things you need to know about AWOL Academy first before you make a final decision to join or not.
1. High Price + Lucrative Commissions = MLM
As far back as I’ve been reviewing products that cost 1,000’s of dollars, I see one common pattern in them. They all have multiple-tiered commission structures. In short, MLM.
Here’s how the commission structure works. First off, you sign up for the affiliate program, which costs $39.95 per month. This will provide you the tools you need to promote AWOL Academy’s products such as your affiliate link.
When you get a direct referral, you’ll earn 30% of whatever he or she purchases. Not only that, when the person below you gets his or her own direct referral, you’ll get 3% of what he or she purchases. This, in principle is what multi-level marketing is all about.
If you have a bad impression or experience with doing MLM, then you should think twice before joining AWOL.
2. AWOL Academy is formerly “Project AWOL”
The “Another Way of Life” brand started as a group which Kameron George formed when he was still in another MLM site called Empower Network. The previous name was Project AWOL, which eventually got in a disagreement between EN in 2013.
Well, if you think this interesting history can affect your decision to join, at least I’ve told you the facts. You might be worrying that AWOL Academy would shut down at any given time, taking your money and commissions away.
3. Beginners Might Struggle with Making Money
Making your first commission is the most important part of your career. But if you promote AWOL to others, you’ll be competing head-on with other members who are doing the same thing.
Another thing I worry is whether the training at AWOL can be used in another niche. For example, if you want to sell fitness products or recommend dating sites, can the traffic sources be used in those niches as well?
For advanced and expert internet marketers, it might be possible. But for newbies, it will only end up confusing them and slowing their progress.
4. You’ll Spend a Huge Fortune Before Getting Started
If this is your first time looking for business opportunities, you might be at lost on the typical price for getting Internet marketing training. So you’d normally set AWOL Academy as the ‘standard’ price for getting started.
The truth is, all the materials you need only range within hundreds of dollars per year or at most, a few thousands (single payment). In fact, the education I’m getting right now only cost me no more than $400 per year, but it’s a top-caliber training already.
Bottomline, you don’t need to spend thousands of dollars to jumpstart your Internet marketing career.
Overall: I see value in the products provided by AWOL Academy. However, it’s not recommended for people who aren’t willing to part ways with their cash. The philosophy of buying expensive items is that it might “boost” your earning potential.
With a lucrative commission structure, it’s no wonder why many people choose to promote the opportunity to others. The problem is, there are people willing to do nasty and unethical tactics in selling the product. This can make AWOL and other MLM schemes look like a scam.
But in the end, the decision is up to you. Will you buy the $99 product, $297, two $997’s, $3,497, or $9,997? Can you go “all-in” to the Elite level and be a fully-committed member? Or, will you pass on the opportunity and look for something cheaper?
Start With an Affordable Internet Marketing Training
If Internet marketing is your focus, then there are cheaper resources out there that can do the job. In fact, a lot of well-known experts have free but high-quality blogs, podcasts, and YouTube channels covering many IM topics such as affiliate marketing, social media, email marketing and SEO.
If you wish to pay though, there are many legit products and membership sites that offer high-quality training, support, and tools at a lower price. So you don’t have to risk losing 1,000’s of dollars on something that might not work.
In my opinion, I believe you should try my #1 recommended program for beginners.
That’s all for AWOL Academy. I’d love to hear from you on whether the AWOL system works or not. Have you made money from this program? Come share your thoughts in the comments and let’s talk about it.